Welcome. This is going to be epic.
We're creating a brand new website to connect Bay Area local couples with local wedding professionals. #bayarea! Think of www.BAYAREA.wedding as a local guide to vendors with some very cool features.
The goal is to drive couples to YOUR website.
I am launching the Seattle-version of this website this week. I offered spots to 25 photographers. We sold out in 1 hour. So I increased it to 50 photographers. We sold out by the next morning.
This is limited to the first 100 Bay Area photographers who join!
Here's how it works. Wedding professionals will get portfolio pages within their vendor category. Pretty simple and straight-forward. I get it. You want to invest your time in YOUR website.
VENDOR PORTFOLIO PAGE
Everything here is optional.
- 9 images (to fit the 3x3 photo grid)
- Welcome message
- Short bio
- Website link
- Pricing information
- Phone number
- Email address
- No limit to text or word count
- Upload photos taken at your favorite venues, and link them to the venue's gallery so couples can discover your work!
- Video welcome
- Forum and blogs
FEATURES IN DEVELOPMENT (TBD)
- Full text search and easy sorting/filtering of vendor profiles
- Photo galleries organized by theme or venue. This is very cool! For instance, we'll have a gallery showcasing "50 Weddings at the Hyatt," where each photo is from a different photographer, florist, caterer and so on! Photos link to your profile page. Brides and grooms and DISCOVER you in a totally new and dynamic way.
- Vendors can list their "recommended vendors" in their profile - linking and tagging other vendors from other categoiries.
- Featured local weddings. Vendors can create blog posts with photo galleries of their weddings, tagging and linking other vendors.
- Forum and community message boards. Vendors can contribute blog posts. Couples can ask questions and post in community message boards/forums using their Facebook accounts.
Why now? Well, here's my story. I quit my job in July to launch Sound Originals, a photography and videography business in the Seattle area. It's going great - but I've been stunned how fragmented and scattered the marketplace is for wedding professionals. It should be simpler and more local. And cheaper! I used to be a TV reporter for NBC, ABC and CBS local stations for 10 years, including a few years at the NBC station, KING 5, in Seattle.
I'm excited about all the great features we can include. I want to use my TV background to produce videos showcasing other local vendors, host roundtable discussions and Facebook Live chats and Q&A sessions, and all sorts of other unique and local content. #bayareababy!
I am super accessible so please contact me with any questions or comments!
April or May 2018!
WANT TO JOIN?
All licensed, legitimate professionals are welcome to join.
$8 per month.
The year will begin when the website launches with your portfolio page. Sorry, no refunds. I will be using a significant amount of this revenue to market, promote and improve the website.
Even though you'll join now, you will get a year from when we actually launch!
SIGN UP HERE --
1. Fill out this form.
2. Pay for your membership. Pay now to lock in your place in the 100 photographers, or pay when we launch in the Bay Area in April or May. Your full year begins when we launch.
3. I'll send you an email in the next few days with instructions on setting up your portfolio page!
Prototype for vendor portfolio page in the Pacific Northwest/Seattle area - our first market!