Storytelling with a Purpose
Your audience doesn't want to watch an advertisement or an informercial. They probably already know what you do. What they may not realize is why your work matters and how they can help.
You need a fundraising film that won't feel like fundraising.
Sound Originals creates authentic and compelling films with a documentary-style approach reminiscent of a television newsmagazine or well-produced television news special report.
Your film will tell a story - a story with a purpose - to build a connection between your audience and your organization's mission.
Your film will engage, inspire and subtly drive your audience to take action.
Your film will make your audience feel something.
I have a knack for conceptualizing original and engaging approaches to video storytelling -- from the first brainstorming session to the on-camera interviews to the script-writing and editing decisions. Here's how I put my skills to work for your organization.
- Conversations and brainstorming sessions with my unique eye for interesting/original/engaging stories
- Identifying and selecting the best people to interview and feature on-camera
On-Camera Interview Process
- My on-camera interviewing style is casual and relaxed
- Years of experience allow me to provide gentle and supportive coaching and guidance so everyone looks and sounds their very best
- I can help everyone feel, look and sound comfortable, natural and authentic
Script-Writing and Editing
- I carefully review all interviews and footage to select the most memorable moments
- I devote hours and hours to writing, re-writing, and re-re-writing the script to deliver an extraordinary product
I've done this before. A few thousand times, actually.
I left my job as a television news reporter at KING 5 News in Seattle to launch Sound Originals because I love telling stories. I've told thousands of them at NBC, ABC and CBS television stations in North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida and Oregon.
Television executives across the country recruited me for my unique storytelling style and ability to pinpoint the most effective, engaging and unique way to tell stories that captivate audiences - and make them feel something.
You can trust me to put this experience to work for you.
I've been fortunate to earn many awards during my 10 years as a television storyteller.
- Five Emmy Awards
- Several Edward R. Murrow Awards
- Several Local Press Club Awards
- Several National Press Photographers Association Awards
- Alfred I. duPont-Columbia University Silver Baton, considered the television counterpart to the Pulitzer Prize, awarded alongside "60 Minutes" on CBS and "20/20" on ABC at a ceremony in New York. I was among the youngest broadcasters in history to receive a duPont -- at age 26.
THE BUSINESS SIDE
Your investment varies based on the amount of time necessary to film, write and edit your fundraising film. Most videos take one to three full days of production and interviewing and one to three full days of writing and editing.